Automatic / Manual Mode
- The player does all song changes. Play moves from the song you start with, down to the end of a list, then moves to the next list and so on until all songs have been played. At which point, everything is reset and the process starts over.
- You do all song changes manually. There is a timed ‘Mix‘ between decks ‘A‘ & ‘B‘ available. None of the fades applied to songs are used. No automatic song changes occur.
- Control used to toggle ‘Random‘ on & off. The music player randomly selects a new next song after every song change. It selects from all playable songs until they have all been played, at which point all songs in all lists are reset and the process starts over again. Any multiple next songs set in the display grid override this mode until they are all processed, at which point the player returns to randomly selecting songs.
NOTE: This feature is only available in ‘Automatic‘ mode. When you exit the player, the on / off status remains in effect. The control alternates between these two images when a song is playing as a visual indicator that the mode is active. The second image appears when the player is stopped.
- Only available when ‘Random‘ mode is on. Every time you click on it, the player randomly selects another next song.
NOTE: This control remains disabled when you set multiple next songs in the display grid until they are all processed.
- Toggle the third control of this feature between the following two settings:
- Randomly select playable songs from the current playlist and continues to do so until all of the songs in that list have been played. At which point, randomly select another list and repeat the process.
- Randomly select playable songs from all loaded list and continues to do so until all songs have been played, at which point everything is reset and the process is repeated.
- Fade-out the current song in the current deck and then stop. The player uses the Fade-Out setting as the amount of time it will take to fade the volume of the song down to zero. This feature is initiated immediately when the Delay control is off ().
NOTE: Whether because the delay control is off () or the delay time has expired, there is no way to stop this feature it until it is completed. WARNING: You get a system generated error sound if you click anywhere on the face of the player when this feature is active.
- This control is combined with the Fade-Out control. Use it to turn the delay feature on () or off (). The player uses the Fade-Out Delay setting displayed in this control, as the amount of time it will delay before initiating the fade-out feature.
- Control used to toggle ‘Repeat‘ on & off. This feature is available in both ‘Automatic‘ and ‘Manual‘ modes. When activated, all other controls are disabled except those on the decks. The display grid and all of its related functions are disabled. All controls are set accordingly.
NOTE: When this mode is on, the next song is replaced in the next deck by a second copy of the current. Both decks now have the same song in them. It is important to note that this does not affect the output devices assigned to each deck. See the configure window for details on setting output devices for each deck. The control alternates between these two images when a song is playing as a visual indicator that the mode is active. The second image appears when the player is stopped.
Single Play Mode
- Use this control to initiate Single Play mode. The current song in the current deck plays the to the end and then the player stops. It takes no further actions and all controls are set accordingly. Click anywhere on the player or press the [Escape] button to cancel this mode.
NOTE: Not available in ‘Manual‘ because a song left unattended in that mode always stops playing when it reaches the end.