The player operates in either ‘Automatic‘ or ‘Manual‘ mode. Switch between them any time. Randomly select songs from each list or all lists. Fade-out the playing song, with or without a delay. Repeat the current song in both primary decks. Finish the current song and simply stop using single play mode.
- In this mode the player does all song changes. Play moves from the song you start with, down to the end of a list, then moves to the next list and so on. When all songs have been played, everything is reset and the process starts over.
- In this mode, none of the fades applied to songs are used and no automatic song changes occur. You do all song changes manually. There is a timed ‘Mix‘ between decks ‘A‘ & ‘B‘ available in this mode.
- Toggle ‘Random‘ mode on & off. When initiated, the player randomly selects a new next song immediately and after every song change. Depending on of how lists are processed, the music player selects from all playable songs until they have all been played, at which point all songs in all lists are reset and the process starts over again. When you exit the player, the on / off status of this mode remains in effect when you start the player again.
NOTE: This feature is only available in ‘Automatic‘ mode. Any multiple next songs set in the display grid override this mode until they are all processed, the player then returns to randomly selecting songs. The control alternates between these two images when a song is playing as a visual indicator that the mode is active. The second image appears when the player is stopped.
- Only available when ‘Random‘ mode is on. Every time you click on it, the player randomly selects another next song.
NOTE: This control is disabled when you set multiple next songs in the display grid and remains disabled until they are all processed.
- The third control associated with this feature toggles between the following two settings:
- This option tells the player to randomly select from the playable songs in the current playlist and continues to do so until all of the songs in that list have been played. The player will then randomly select another list and repeat the process.
- This option tells the player to randomly select playable songs from any list and continues to do so until all songs have been played.
- Use this control to fade-out the song in the current deck and then stop. The player uses the Fade-Out setting as the amount of time it will take to fade the volume of the current song down to zero. The player initiates this feature immediately when the Delay control is off ().
NOTE: Once the player initiates this feature, whether because the delay control is off () or the delay time has expired, there is no way to stop it until it is completed. WARNING: If you click anywhere on the face of the player once this feature has been initiated, you get a system generated error sound.
- This control is combined with the Fade-Out control. Use it to turn the delay feature on () or off (). The player uses the Fade-Out Delay setting displayed in this control, as the amount of time it will delay before initiating the fade-out feature.
- Toggle this mode on and off. This feature is available in both ‘Automatic‘ and ‘Manual‘ modes. When activated, all other controls are disabled except those on the decks. The display grid and all of its related functions are disabled. All controls are set accordingly.
NOTE: When this mode is on, the next song is no longer in the next deck and is not shown in the display grid. A second copy of the current song has replaced it. Both decks now have the same song in them. It is important to note that this does not affect the output devices assigned to each deck. See the configure window for details on setting output devices for each deck. The control alternates between these two images when a song is playing as a visual indicator that the mode is active. The second image appears when the player is stopped.
- Use this control to initiate Single Play mode. When you initiate this mode, the song in the current deck plays the to the end and then stops. The player will not perform any further actions and all controls are set accordingly. Click anywhere on the player or press the [Escape] button to cancel this mode.
NOTE: This mode is not available in ‘Manual‘ mode. A song left unattended in that mode always stops playing when it reaches the end.