You get requests from people but you don’t want to change your lists or the ‘set‘ you have loaded. Add them to the ‘Live Queue‘ list. Play them any time then simply through them away. Most features associated with a list also apply to this one. Exceptions are described below.
The ‘Live Queue‘ is not> like any of the other lists.
- It cannot be saved.
- It is always the first list in the display-grid but it cannot be the only list.
- The loop () setting cannot be changed.
One reason to use the ‘Live Queue‘ would be for requests you do not want to create a list to hold. Another example would be that you have songs to play but you don not want to put them into a list until you have checked them out.
Like all lists, when a song is added that does not exist in the library, it is analyzed to determine the duration and to automatically trim any silence from the beginning and ending of the song. Most features and functions associated with lists are available for this one including being able to set multiple next songs in it.
Top controls, left to right.
- : Add the selected songs to the end.
- : Find songs on your mass storage devices.
- : Running count of how many songs are selected.
when mouse moves over it.
- : Running count of how many songs were found in the selected path.
Directory controls top to bottom.
- Top control selects the drive where your songs are located.
- Middle control selects the directory where your songs are located. Double click on a directory to select it. The player will display all of the usable audio files in the list control on the right. If the control remains empty, then no audio files were located in that directory.
- The bottom control shows all of the paths where audio files have been loaded from before. Use it for easy movement between the directories where your audio files are stored.
NOTE: Right-click on a path in the control to delete it. You must confirm the delete before that path is removed from this control.