You get requests from people but you don’t want to change your lists or the ‘set‘ you have loaded. Add them to the ‘Live Queue‘ list. Play them any time then simply through them away. Most features associated with a list also apply to this one. Exceptions are described below.
|The ‘Live Queue‘ is not like any of the other lists.
- It cannot be saved.
- It is always the first list in the display-grid but it cannot be the only list.
- The loop () setting cannot be changed.
One reason to use the ‘Live Queue‘ would be for requests you don’t want to create a list to hold. Another example would be that you have songs to play but you don’t want to put them into a list until you have checked them out.
Like all lists, when a song is added to the ‘Live Queue‘ that does not exist in the library, it is analyzed to determine the duration and to automatically trim any silence from the beginning and ending of the song. The rest of the functions associated with lists are available for the ‘Live Queue‘. Manipulate songs in it like any other list. You can set multiple-next songs in it.
- Top controls left to right.
- Use the ‘Queue‘ control to add the selected songs to the end of the ‘Live Queue‘.
- Use the ‘Search‘ control to find songs on your mass storage devices.
- The next control shows you a running count of how many songs were selected. The far right control shows you a running count of how many songs were found in the selected path.
- Directory controls top to bottom.
- Use the top control to select the drive where your songs are located.
- Use the middle control to select the directory where your songs are located. Double click on a directory to select it. The player will display all of the usable songs in the list control on the right. If the control remains empty, then no songs were located in that directory.
- The bottom control shows all of the paths where songs have been loaded from before. Use it for easy movement between the directories where your songs are stored.
||Right-click on a path in the control to delete it. You must confirm the delete before that path is removed from this control.